outdoor routes & accessibility issues

bmg'ers,

how are we going to deal with accessibility constraints
when generating outdoor maps?  outdoors, there are
things like:

   shallow inclines
   steep inclines
   ramps
   stairs
   curbs
   curb cuts

each of which have different implications for route
generation for wheeled users.  a couple of questions:

   1) does the basemap have annotations for inclines,
   curb cuts, and ramps?

   2) if not, can they be inferred from other available
   info?

   3) does our route generation framework currently
   use a representation capable of A) storing and
   B) accounting for these kinds of elements?

let's discuss this at today's BMG meeting.

prof. t.