Re: 163 Date and Time Error in TP701CS

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:52:23 -0700, Greg Alvandian wrote:

>I believe the RTC battery is on the bottom system board,  the battery
>you're thinking of is the standby battery.  The standby battery is what
>suppliees power to memory for a minute or so while you hot swap the main
>batteries.  The RTC battery is what keeps date and time in the CMOS.
>While the standby battery is replacable, the RTC battery isn't, which is
>really stupid.  Who knows, maybe it was done that way intentionally, IBM
>has a track record for being a pain in the butt about some things.

Opps, my mistake.  DUH.

About IBM getting users POed, now they will NOT replace my Multiport II
without a credit card number, and they still don't know the correct date
for my warranty termination (March 6, 1999).  I mean, do they
expect everyone, especially a high school student to have a credit
card?  That just makes me REALLY UPSET!

--
Paul Khoury   <pkhoury@loop.com>  http://pkhoury.dyn.ml.org
Sent from my ThinkPad 701CS