Thinkpad keyboard/mouse connector

What an amazing hassle it was to get a keyboard attached to my
Thinkpad.  The manual states that I need a special "keyboard/mouse
connector" to accomplish this.  It appears that not only is this item
extremely difficult to find, but at least one place I talked to wanted
$42.99 for it.  Ridiculous!!

Well for all of you who are in the same boat I was in, here is a
solution.  Belkin Components in Comptom, CA actually make an equivalent
component for a much more reasonable price.  I am using it now and it
works great!  Just thought I passed the word.

  Regards...Eric Wong.