Re: Problems with IBM service

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Chris Liljenstolpe wrote:

> So now I am stuck - I have a broken laptop, which IBM refused to deal with
> before I left CONUS, and now I can not get it fixed until after I return to
> the states - sometime in March of 1997.  In the mean time I get to carry
> around two machines (the Thinkpad and a 30+ lb Compaq luggable) because the
> Thinkpad can not do something as simple as a direct connect serial
> connection to another computer.

Can't you send the thinkpad on one of the military transports to the US?
Turnaround time on easyserv repairs in the US is usually 48 hrs or less
and the worst I ever experienced was a week.
I think your message must be the most long distance email that we've
gotten so far on the thinkpad mailing list.  Maybe next we'll get an email
from a shuttle astronaut.

Josh Hosseinof

PS is AFAN McMurdo broadcasting again now that it is summer down there?