Linux PCMCIA Modem recomendations?

Hi,

I'm running Linux on my Thinkpad 755CD and I think it's time to go out and
buy a modem...  (The internal one isn't supported in Linux).  I wanted to
get some feedback or rather some recomendations from you all first.

I was looking at the Megahertz XJ4288, but I read somewhere that since USR
took over MHz, their products and support have gone down hill.  Is this
true?

I have no problem with cheaper modems as long as they are reliable and
compatible with Linux.  I'd like 28.8 preferaply with the capability to
Flash to 33.6 or higher when the time comes.

Thanks,

-Mike