New Mwave on NT4.0 (memory usage)

Well, since I couldn't get 16-bit colour going on my 755cx, I decided to
bite the bullet and install it on my TP760c. Went very smoothly - installed
the Trident Video Accelerator gfx drivers, and to my surprise, it has the
option to go for 32000 colours! This is excellent news, as it gives me
enough colours to do decent web graphics, without the nasty CPU overhead
of 64000 colours! It works great!

Anyhow, back to the Subject in hand. After a fresh install of NT, the base
memory footprint was around 18-20MB. Guess what? After installing the new
version of Mwave, and having both sound and modem enabled, that memory
footpring went up to 29MB! And if you then factor in the RAS services that
fire up when I initiate a DUN connection, that goes up to 31-32MB. Can you
believe the Mwave drivers take up 9MB+??? Needless to say, I turned off
all those services and am using my Megahertz 28.8 PCMCIA modem card...

I can't afford to loose 10MB for Mwave! ARGH!

.rickt