Re: Re[2]: ThinkPad Battery Question

> Yes. It's the Fuel Guage program in the ThinkPad (Group). It will discharge the
> battery. Like you said, it needs to be done periodically, usually when you
> notice battery life dimishing. You can also do it from the command line using
> PS2 DISCHARGE.

The ThinkPad 360 series doesn't seem to have the ability to discharge the
battery.  Note that the stock 360 battery is a "dumb" NiMH, rather than
the "smart" battery used by the 750 and 755 models. Although the 360 line
can use the smart battery, it can't discharge it, either.

I once tried putting a dumb battery in a 755, but the 755 didn't
seem to recognize it at all.

--
Tim Tyhurst                  tim@excelsior.com