Re: Use of a modem on a digital (?) line...

The phone lines (with LCD) that your modem was attached are probably
digital phone line. Your company uses the NorTel PABX which, basically,
has 2 kinds of extendion, digital and analog. Modem can only be used on
analog phone line.

Regards,
Byron

PS. Some models of the NorTel phone which have LCD display are actually
analog phone. I did try one which can connect to 2 different parties at
the same time.