problem booting win95 under LILO (linux) from the second hard disk

I have win95 installed on the primary hard disk (1.2 Gig) of my TP760CD and
Linux installed on the secondary hard disk (720 Meg). When I try to boot from
the secondary hard disk (by altering the boot sequence to be HDD-2 followed by
HDD-1) and ask LILO to boot win95 from the primary hard disk, it gives me an
error that says something like "Invalid system disk" (like the error you get
when you try to boot from a floopy drive without a bootable floppy). I can
boot Linux from the seconadry hard disk without problem.

If, however, I swap the two hard disks and reset the boot sequence, I can boot
both OS's: Linux from the now primary hard disk and Win95 from the now
secondary hard disk.

Does any one know what might be causing the failure in the former set up? I
like that setup (Win95 on HDD-1 and Linux on HDD-2) as it minimizes my having
to swap HDD's, floppy drive and the cdrom drive (I seldom use the floopy drive
and the cdrom drive under linux but use them all the time under win95).

I am using slackware linux 1.2.13. I have enclosed my /etc/lilo.conf below.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-- Hira Agrawal.
   hira@bellcore.com

-------------------------- lilo.conf -----------------------
boot = /dev/hda
delay = 50
vga = normal
ramdisk = 0
#
# Boot DOS from Hard Disk 1 (the only PROBLEM case!)
# Linux on HDD-2 and DOS on HDD-1, with boot sequence HDD-2, HDD-1
#
other = /dev/hda1
  label = w1
  loader = /boot/any_d.b
  table = /dev/hda
#
# Boot Linux from Hard Disk 1 (This case works fine)
# Linux on HDD-1 and DOS on HDD-2, with boot sequence HDD-1, HDD-2
#
image = /vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hda3
  label = l1
  read-only
#
# Boot DOS from Hard Disk 2 (This case works fine too)
# Linux on HDD-1 and DOS on HDD-2, with boot sequence HDD-1, HDD-2
#
other = /dev/hdc1
  label = w2
  loader = /boot/any_d.b
  table = /dev/hdc
#
# Boot Linux from Hard Disk 2 (This works too)
# Linux on HDD-2 and DOS on HDD-1, with boot sequence HDD-2, HDD-1
#
image = /vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hdc3
  label = l2