Re: External keyboards for Thinkpad Docks

Joseph C. Wilson wrote on 4 October 1996:
 > Dan,
 >
 > I have the extended TP keyboard w/ the trackpoint and love it.  It would
 > be very hard to use anything else now.  It is extremely rugged (it has
 > survived several 2-3 foot drops from my keyboard tray to the hard floor
 > plus a beer spilled in the early days).  Having the TrackPoint is a huge
 > plus for me as I find using a mouse very awkward after getting used to
 > the point on my 755cx and external keyboard.
 >
 > On the downside,  they are pretty expensive.  When you think you can get
 > a decent keyboard for $25-30 the $100 plus for the extended keyboard is
 > pretty stiff.  For me the investment was worth it.
 >
 > Good luck (BTW,  I use the keyboard w/ a Dock II).

Joe,

I really like the feel of the internal keyboard on my 760CD.  Do you know
whether the extended TP keyboards have the same feel & response as the
recent vintage Thinkpads (e.g., 760CD)?

Dan

Daniel Cerys         Email: cerys@bbn.com
BBN                  Work Phone: +1(617)873-4534
10 Moulton St.       FAX:        +1(617)873-2794
Mail Stop 6/4A
Cambridge MA 02138
USA