Re: 755C, modems, and Linux

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Alan Sukiennik wrote:

> I use USR 28.8 card with Linux. It works great. In fact the
> performance/throughput of this modem is much higher under Linux
> than under M$ OS's.
>
> When I boot Win95, I take the card out (actually, just unplug it)
> and use the MWave thing, as it makes noise too ;)

Why take it out when booting Win95??
just go into the modem in Device Manager under general and disable it in
the device usage box.  Works for me.

Michael Cummings at home, feet up in       |    Pyramid OSx MIS-12
Columbia, MD. Internet cummings@netcom.com |      Systems Admin.
  Washington DC. "A radio wasteland"...    |----------------------------
   I Want My W G T B Back!!!               |My other op-system is Linux!
      He will live on in our hearts, Jerry Garcia. 1942 - 1995.