Re: MicroSolutions portable CD-ROM drives?

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996 14:24:42 -0700 (MST), billy@MIX.COM wrote:

>Anyone have any experience with these parallel port drives on
>Thinkpads (I have a 755CE)?  All I need is someting to load
>software on to the hard disk and perhaps serve as a read-only
>drive for data - I don't have to boot an operating system from
>it or anything else out of the ordinary.  Just curious how well
>made they are or if there're any problems with them?

Have a look at http://www.maxcom.nl/cardport/cardportcd-e.html
This device is sort of expensive (I think US$ 300-400) but very cool. You can
plug it in and out at any time - no need for reboot. Works great with OS/2 if you
care.

I have heard that Sony sells a "CD-ROM Discman" with scsi interface for US$
150,-

Have fun

joerg klemenz
(joergk@ipf.de)