Re: hello to the group

> One oddity I didn't mention.  There's a shareware
> SYSINFO-like program out there called SYSCHK.EXE, which is widely
> known.  It works pretty accurately on our Dell desktop machines.  When
> I ran it on the 760ED, it rated the chip at 139-140mhz.  I am
> wondering if it's a bad chip - running so fast that it overheats..

This wouldn't be the cpu chip itself but the clock (crystal
oscillator) could be running somewhat fast.  This is easily
measured - you should mention this to IBM, have them look at
it too.  Over the years I've sped up various DEC cpus - some
of those can go about 80% faster due to their conservative
design, others croak at just a few MHz increase and heat is
always a factor too.

Billy Y..