TP750 Strangeness

Hi Folks,

Ever since trying a new VESA driver for my TP750 (one that I found
on the WD Web page - it's no good, don't try it!), the machine has
been acting a little strangely and I wondered if any of you might
be able ot help:

1. First of all, even though I turn the TP off using the little
switch on the side, I also turn it off at the mains afterwards.
Now when I turn the mains back on, the TP leaps into life. This
never used to happen.

2. I have on of those parallel port CD-ROMs which I was getting
a good transfer rate from ( >550kbyte/s ). Now I struggle to reach
150kbyte/s. I have checked that LPT2 is selected using the PS2
utility and the BIOS setup programme. I am wondering whether the
CD used to bench mark the drive is critical?

3. The machine certainly feels alot slower than before particularly
when loading Windows ( no funny comments, please).

I am preparing to reload the system programme tonight in the hope
that cures the first two anomalies. I would appreciate any other
suggestions if there are any.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

|         Dan Hammett - TN16x Customer Support Engineer         |
| NITEC, NORTEL Technology,     |                               |
| Doagh Road,                   |     Tel: +44 (0) 1232 363525  |
| Newtownabbey                  |     ESN: 6 751 3525           |
| Co. Antrim, BT36 6XA          |     Email: dhammett@nortel.ca |
| Northern Ireland              |                               |
| Opinions expressed in this email are mine, not my employer's  |