Re: XFree on Thinkpad 755CX?

I have tried XFree86 on my Thnkpad 755CX in 800x600 and have never
been fully sucessful. I usually just see the screen with black, gray
and white rectangles.

A partial sucess I experienced is as follows.

1. Install SVGA development kit for emx (svgakt18.zip available at
   hobbes).

2. Save the following code in file tpstartx.c.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <vesa.h>
int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
  VesaSetMode(0x103);
  system("startx");
}

3. Compile it by typing

  gcc -o tpstartx.exe tpstartx.c -lvesa

4. Start a fullscreen OS/2 session and type

  set svgadll=vesa_wd

5. Run tpstartx.exe

Then you would see X-windows in 800x600 mode. But this is not very
useful. If you go to WPS keeping XFree86 running and go back to
XFree86 again. The screen becomes senseless black, gray and white
rectangles.

  Shinichi

--
   Shinichi Sakata, Ph.D.