Re: using Iomega JAZ drive with thinkpad (755ce wfwg 3.11)

At 11:35 AM 8/23/96 EDT, David Jones wrote:
>I note in your mail that you have an Iomega Jaz connected to your TP
>760ED via a SlimSCSI.  I am curious about the actual connectors since
>I have recently acquired an Iomega Zip and am faced with a
>connectivity problem.  The Zip has a 25 pin socket (Mac SCSI style I
>think).  What about the Jaz?  I assume the SlimSCSI came with a cable
>having the normal mini-micro (high density) 50 pin SCSI connector at
>the end?

        I'm not the one you asked, but just my 2 cents...

        I have an Adaptec SlimSCSI and the cable that comes with it to hook
to SCSI peripherals (at least on mine) is the standard 50-pin larger
Centronics-style SCSI connector.  To hook to your Zip drive (assuming the
smaller 25-pin SCSI connector) you'd just need an adapter.  Should be fairly
easy to obtain.

-------
Randy Whittle		rwhittle@usa.net
USC Graduate School of Business    http://www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle