Re: Keyboard problem 701 ?

> Something is wrong with my 'F' (alphabetic) key.  sometimes it enters into repeat mode
> during normal typing, or it does not type at all.
> Taking apart the key and cleaning underneath it with compressed air had some
> effect, but it is still not perfect. I would really Not send the machine to IBM if someone
> has an idea about how to solve the problem on my own.

If it's still under warranty do yourself a favor and send it in for a
new keyboard.  I think IBM's one weak point in Thinkpad hardware has
been their keyboards.  I had some trouble with mine (755CE) and got it
replaced - I'll be doing that once more before the warranty runs out
too.  My problem is after some time some keys must be struck pretty
hard to be sure a character will actually get typed.  If you're used
to typing lightly this can drive you nuts, especially as it only
happens every once in a while, unpredictably.

When I sent mine in it only took two days to get it back...

Billy Y..