Re: One word: Classifieds

"Gee Robert, with opinions such as those, would you please contact me the
next time you have a used TP to sell? Actually, since used machines are
worth so little to those who /know/ what things are worth, you would
probably just give me your old one, right?
"

I (or my company) owns all the thinkpads we buy, but we never sell them
second hand, we keep them in service indefinitely. For us this is more
cost effective than selling them.

One thing I wonder though is if people realize what the new prices are
on old thinkpads. Of coruse you can't find ads for these on the net, you
have to walk the stores and find what's on the shelf, but I have seen
LOTS of bargains, selling at prices comparable to the used prices being
discussed here, and have helped many of my friends to buy thinkpads
brand new at what seem like absurdly low prices. As I said before, not
everyone has easy access to this kind of opportunity, so it may be worth
their while to buy used machines at higher prices.