Video Capture gone West

I requested win.ini & system.ini in the hope that I could breathe life back
into my Asymetrix Digital Video Capture program - it's on a TP 755CDV.  On
examining those kindly sent, I'm still unable to get even a flicker.

When I run Digital Video Capture I get a messages saying 'CAPTURE
DEVICE WAS NOT DETECTED.  Another message box then appears advising me to
check that the capture hardware is correctly installed etc. etc.

Is there any other way to check that the capture drivers are working -
Windows 95 reports that 'this driver is working normally' from the System
section of Control Panel.

All ideas welcome.