Re: Short-tailed mice

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Yves-Chandler Eynard wrote:

> Waldemar Puszkarz wrote:
> >
> > Just hooked up a mouse to my TP 700 for a while. Well, have to say that
> > there is a big difference between a trackpoint and a mouse. The latter
> > allows you for much faster and more precise movements. One slight downside
> > though is that a regular desktop mouse (with a long tail) sort of
> > obstructs your movements with its long tail that is absolutely not needed
> > in its full glory for anything to accomplish here, a half of it would be
> > much better. Plus, it takes more space on one's desktop and I did buy a
> > laptop to have more space on the desktop for other things (not a mouse!).
> > Now, are you guys aware of such mice? It would be cool to have one. While
> > not on the road I would definitely choose this kind of mouse over
> > a trackpoint. Just a thought. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
> > Regards, Waldemar
> >
> > PS. Yes, I am sure that cordless mice are even better but that's not what
> > I really mean.
>

> Two things you can do with what you have:
>
> A) Neatly coil the extra cord and wire tie it (near the 9pin connector would be a better choice
> of ends to coil ;)  )
>
> 2) Cut the cord to whatever length you need and put a new end on it.
>
> Are you new to the trackpoint? This is the first I've heard of dis-satisfaction. I personally
> think the trackpoint is the most convenient pointing device to come down the pike in many a
> year. (In fact, I'm looking to replace my desktop keyboard with a trackpoint (though I'm not
> really pleased to pay IBM all that money. (another ;) )))

Thanks for your response. Yes, indeed I am new, what's even more (or worse:))
my trackpoint lacks an eraser head and perhaps it makes me slightly (?)
biased. Just awaiting it from Fred Peters who is generously sending me
one! (The people on this list are awsomely great!) But I also noticed that
when you use a mouse the drift of the pointer is smaller. Now, I found
something on the Web that kinda looks like what I would like to have but
even more developed. Check out this site and make comments if you find it
indifferent. I do hope that their mouse has a short tail but could not
tell it absolutely convincingly from the pictures, although it looks like
that's it.
Here is the site's URL: http://www.lapleaf.com/
Regards, Waldemar