Re: Thinkpad 701C

I don't think I can comment a lot but I have had something very similar to
the one you are talking about. It's IBM TP 700. Just bought it a few days
ago, it's used, without any manuals (but real cheap) so kinda hard to
figure it out in details. So far it's been working OK, but just yesterday
I noticed that it does not run a few programs I had recently downloaded
from the Internet. The same programs are readily run on another computer
I have an access to, a desktop. So I am kinda wondering if it is because
its processor is rather uncommon or what? Or maybe it's plainly some bug in
the processor? Don't know. It came with a big dead pixel right in the
middle of the screen and some programs that are meant for color screens
do not seem to produce as great graphics as they do on color screens.
It's sort of dim, but that is not so for all such programs. The screen
despite the deceased pixel is pretty good, very contrast.
The baterry is not good, I don't use it. I power it from an AC outlet.
I meant it as a sophisticated typewriter, something I could run
Scientific Workplace on, TEX and LateX, Derive and such. And for this it
seems to be good enough. Hope this helps.

BTW, if somebody could tell me how to get manuals to it I would greatly
appreciate that. TIA. Waldemar