Tin SIMMs in Gold sockets?

Anyone here put tin plated SIMMs into their gold Thinkpad TAM sockets? Are
those stories of corrosion true? Or, does corrosion only takeplace after 7
or eight years?
__
Derek V. Chan         		    | PGP Fingerprint:  CB C4 65 BA 04 04 9C 9A
chan4@fas.harvard.edu 		    | 			FF DE 71 81 83 21 45 6B
dchan@cybercom.net)   		    | Finger either address for PGP public key.

NOTICE: By sending unsolicited commercial advertising/solicitations (or
otherwise on or as part of a mailing list) to the above e-mail address or
URL you will be indicating your consent to paying Derek V. Chan
$1,000.000.oo U.S.D./hour for a minimum of 1 hour for my time spent dealing
with it. Payment due in 30 days upon receipt of an invoice (e-mail or
regular mail) from me or my authorized representative.