Re: Power adapter for europe (was: TP in Poland)

> That's my question. I have never seen universal cords that would plug into the
> IBM adapter. I thought they are only made by IBM. Does this kind of plug have
> a name?

as far as i know - and i am certainly prepared to be corrected - the cord
end that fits into the ibm (and other) 'intelligent' (100-240/50-60) power
packs is universal in the sense that it is the same as fits into computers,
monitors, and so on - around the world.  it seems to be about the only thing
in computing that is standard and universal.

meaning, you should be able to go into any computer store - at least in
europe - and by and ordinary computer power cord and plug it into your
ibm power pack at one end and the wall socket at the other.  ... in that
country.

(it probably has a name but i don't know it.)

regards, al