Re: Fair Price for TP755CX/40MB/510HD

I just bought a DockII, new, but from a liquidator in Atlanta.  Paid $425.
Hope this helps.  By the way it works fine with a 760CD

Richard

Rick Tait wrote:

> Subject sez it all.
> I am thinking of selling my TP755CX in the local paper here in Dallas,
> and I was wondering what a fair price is to ask. It is a TP755CX,
> 40MB RAM, 510MB HD, it has the MWave, 800x600 @ 65k colors LCD etc etc.
>
> Also, what about a Dock-II with the Adaptec SCSI controller, no
> SCSI disks or CDROM's onboard, just the basic one, without the monitor
> stand?
>
> Thanks folks!
> /rickt

Our local used computer index says 755cx's are worth about $2700 around
here (Milwaukee, WI).  Unfortunately,  it doesn't give a configuration.
I would think the 540 HD would be a minus (I know,  I have a 755cx w/ a
540 and it seems way to small) but the 40MB RAM is a big plus.

Can't say for sure about the DockII.  They have not come down in price
in the last year,  still running about $700 new.  I have heard they
can't be used w/ the 760 series.  I have a DockII and love it,  offers a
lot of expandability & convenience.

Good luck.

--
Joseph C. Wilson
jcwilso@ibm.net

Richard Chalk			PHONE: 770-992-3700
4330 Sprucebough Drive		FAX:         770-998-3781
Marietta, GA  30062			EMAIL: rchalk@mindspring.com