Problems with Suspend/Hibernate in Win95

I'm having problems with Suspend and Hibernate modes in Win95 on my
760C. For some reason I am unable to resume a suspend -- pressing the Fn
key does nothing. When I push the power switch, it does a double beep
and nothing else. The only way back into the system is to press the
reset button on the back of the machine. Then I can power up with the
power switch.

Standby seems to be working fine -- I can hit Fn-F3, it darkens, then
hit Fn to resume.

I decided to try enabling hibernation and the Readi-Safe option. Now I
seem to be totally stuck. Every time I do the boot process above, it
re-enters hibernation mode. Looks like I'm caught in a loop.

Does anybody have any clues as to what's going on here? Or is there a
manual way to bypass the power management stuff?  I may end up
rebuilding the thing from scratch if I can't figure it out. :(

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Russell
Intergraph Corp.