Re: Oh Sh#% I dropped my ThinkPad!

Although I didn't drop my Thinkpad, a piece on the edge of the keyboard cracked
off, right between the cursor keys and the right mouse button.  While it was a
small piece, it was annoying as it dug into my hand whenever I tried to use the
mouse.

So I experimented with different glues and I have to agree that Crazy Glue
isn't a good one to use.  It does not allow the flexible casing of the Thinkpad
to bend and therefore it just breaks off again.  Some type of epoxy might be
better but I haven't had much time to look into this yet.

As for the other person's comment about TARGUS's cases.... IT'S TRUE!  About a
year ago, my Targus bag just fell off my shoulder.  When I looked closer, it
was the metal snap latches that cracked.  I told Targus about this and they
sent me new plastic ones... so far so good.  But the biggest problem I have is
that they knew about the faulty latches and didn't do a thing about it.  I
wonder how many people can afford to have their cases come crashing down onto
pavement or worse, roll down into water, etc.

> As I sit feeling like dirt for being so stupid to drop it (I forgot to
> zip the bag), I am trying to decide how to put this thing back together
> and I was wondering if anyone on the list had tried to do this before. I
> have a few questions:
>
> 1. Has anyone ever glued a TP case back together? If so, what is the
> best kind of glue to use?
>
> 2. Has anybody ever replaced the base case on a TP? I assume this must
> cost at least an arm & probably a leg too.
>
> 3. I also noticed a crack around the mouse port. Should I try to glue it
> as well?
>
> Any help (or even a crying towel) would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>

> Mark Russell
> Intergraph Corp.
> msrussel@ingr.com
> (205) 730-7233

           Patrick Hong Systems Management & Consulting Inc.

           phong@concentric.net           (613) 769-1544 Tel
           phong@connectinc.com           (613) 728-4063 Fax