TP750 Battery

Have a TP750, purchased used a few weeks ago,
with no docs and the HD bare(no TP files) with
the exception of DOS..Well thanks to various
members of the group I either have handtyped
guides or on-line docs, files etc...Thanks to all
for your help buttt now I want to go mobile and
have a battery problem.....First the battery is
switched to the 1 postion, I have a orange
battery status light but only see the charge
green light for a moment when plugging in the
PS..after 36 hours still only the orange
indication, the unit seems to be good for only a
minutes on battery then I get the beeping
warnings(and flashing ornange)...does this sound like a bad battery or
a 750 charging problem, should I not see the
green charge indicator all the time???
Bob Rooks
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, New York