560 in my hands

I've been drooling over the 560 (I have a 755cs now) and I finally played
with one at a dealer today.

The screen was breathtaking, but I noticed that it was in 800x600 with 8bit
color, not the 800x600 with 16bit color that I'd heard about.  It was
running win95, and I checked the setup.. it didn't have 16bit color as an
option.

Is it possible that they didn't have the proper video drivers?  Or is it
really only capable of 8bit color at that resolution?  I'm waiting for the
next round of 'pads to hit anyway, but 16bit is pretty important to me...

Also, does anyone else think the 560 is a step down in physical feel?  The
plastic is a different, and IMHO, poorer feeling, type than the previous models.

The keyboard felt a little funny, but I'd chalk that up to it's newness;
however, the mouse buttons felt more than a little funny, I expect they'd
just take getting used to.

I'm still going to get either one of those, or whatever comes next in it's
class :)
jesse montrose <jesse@spine.com> http://www.spine.com
     After seven years, I was sent home to my family.
                 Little man, I give the watch to you.