Re: help-HD swap

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Harry Seaman wrote:

> I'm trying to replace the original 340 hd with a western digital 540.  Got
> the novastore recovery diskette and tape all set, managed to get the hd
> plastic caddy open and the new hd installed.

540 is an EIDE drive.  You may need to flash upgrade your BIOS.  When
the 750s first came out, only 170 and 340 MB drives were available.
When the 755's and 540/810 MB EIDE drives became available, IBM put
out a BIOS update for the 750s so they could use the EIDE drives.
You can get the latest BIOS from ftp.pcco.ibm.com in /pub/mobiles.
--
John H. Kim       "I stop for red traffic lights" -- bumper sticker
jokim@mit.edu     commissioned by the City of Boston as part of a