Re: Linux of the 701

> seem to help. I also tried to use XF86 server, and use the settings I got
> from the Linux Laptop page, but couldn't start X at all (at least I learned
> how to use  vi a little ;-)) If somebody is running MetroX, or has
> XF86config for TP701c, I'd appreciate some help. What's the deal with
	Hmm, I'm using XFree86 on my TP701C and it works fine. Ur
xf86config has to be fine tuned quite a bit for it to work. Ur chipset is
the CT65545. Support is no problem with the new versions of XFree

> MetroX? Is it any better than XFree86? Also, I installed LILO, and it would
> display LI at startup and nothing else would happen. Adding 'linear' as the
> first line in lilo.conf didn't seem to change anything. Thanks for any
> help.
	linear does not help. Lilo does not work with the TP701C. Use
loadlin instead.
	Feel free to ask me if U need more help. I run linux too on my
TP701C (8mb can really turtlize my system)

Elvin
--

| elvintan@dupre.lugs.org.sg   Finger alf@pacific.net.sg for PGP Public key |
| Public Key fingerprint - 2C F5 0A A6 61 A9 3C 1B  DE E4 48 2F F8 34 37 B0 |