RE: Question about PCMCIA

Well, now I understand.  I called IBM yesterday, and got bounced around to a
few internal help desks before finally getting an 'answer'.  I thought this
may have been interesting to the list.

Basically I found that if I replace the card services from IBM with the ones
from Megahertz the modem works fine.  So I confronted IBM with the question:
 "Why can't I connect and send at 28.8K using _your_ card services with my
Megahertz modem?"  Their reply: "Oh, we just checked with our communications
department and Megahertz is no longer 'Thinkpad proven'.  We can't help you,
sorry."  End of story.  As you can tell, I had kittens when I heard this (we
have 1500 thinkpads, almost all using Megahertz modems of one kind or
another).  The really annoying part was that they wouldn't (couldn't?) even
tell me why!   Has anyone here heard anything from IBM explaining why they
don't support Megahertz cards anymore?

So beware if you have any problems with your Thinkpads and Megahertz
products.

RK