Re: Com port probs on Win95?

> Has anyone else had com port problems using Win95 on Thinkpads? I can't seem
> to get my external com port to work, and a couple other folks I know have
> had the same problem. It appears enabled (ComA) and shows up in Device
> Manager, but I can't talk to anything that I plug into it, and a light box
> shows no lights.

i haven't gotten mine to work yet either.  i did find that under
the "thinkpad features" tool (which is a control panel of sorts but
not one of the official windows95 Control Panel programs) it seems
that individual com ports can be turned entirely off, or back on.
try that first.

i am curious about the BIOS in my thinkpad 760 -- it seems that there
are tons of things that can be tweaked, and the thinkpad features
program is the only way to see all of them in one spot.  is there
documentation for this BIOS?  how can other operating systems do
things like turn on auto-detection of a drive swap, or adjust power
management, etc ... i am thinking of Linux in particular.

-mykle-