Com port probs on Win95?

Has anyone else had com port problems using Win95 on Thinkpads? I can't seem
to get my external com port to work, and a couple other folks I know have
had the same problem. It appears enabled (ComA) and shows up in Device
Manager, but I can't talk to anything that I plug into it, and a light box
shows no lights.

Ideas?

ssh
--
 Steve Hultquist            Founder         Worldwide Solutions, Inc.

Web, Internet, LANs, WANs, Routing, Switching, Unix, PCs, NT, 95, OS/2
	       Network and systems provider for JavaOne
http://www.wwsi.com/	 303.581.0800           Boulder, Colorado, USA