No Subject

| I have a question for all of you 760 series owners out there, and toshiba
| tecra owners may comment as well.  I realize this is a subjective
| evaluation, but I wonder what you all think about the weight of these
| machines.  Is it so heavy that a student carrying one across campus would
| quickly experience shoulder fatigue?  Have any of you tried carrying the 760
| with nothing in the floppy/cdrom bay to save weight, and does it seem to
| make much of a difference?  I would love to have one of these machines, but
| i'm afraid that I would be sorry the first time I walked across campus with
| it.  Most of the people I've read comments from seem to be using notebooks
| in business settings, so weight may not be as much an issue, or maybe it is.
| Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I carry a 760C every day to/from work, which includes walking to/from
subway and train stations.  I carry it in a bag with a shoulder strap.
It is fairly heavy, but it doesn't really bother me.  I do notice it a
bit more when I have two batteries installed.

The floppy drive is so light that I don't think you would notice the
difference between an empty bay and a floppy in the bay.

Overall, I don't mind the weight.

                                Lee Hetherington
                                ilh@lcs.mit.edu