Re: 3Com Etherlink III PC Cards + Win95 + IBM ThinkPad

 On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Mikael Bendtsen wrote:

>      Hi all!
>
>      Can anyone tell me why the above is an impossible configuration on
>      most IBM ThinkPads (755CE and above)? The device manager indicates a
>      conflict on the Etherlink III PC Card. However, no conflicting
>      addresses or interrupts are listed when I double-click on the adapter.
>
>      The IBM Ethernet II Credit Card Adapter works fine in these machines,
>      but this is not a good solution for my site since we have a LOT of the
>      3Com adapters. I don't what to say when my users are asking for
>      Windows95. Please help!
>
>      Best regards
>      --------------------------------------------
>      Mikael Bendtsen
>      Responsor NWSM (Pharmacia & Upjohn)
>      Mikael.Bendtsen@eu.pnu.com - mike@se.ibm.com

I have never had a problem with 3COM etherlink III cards in WIN95 (or
3.1 or OS/2--which is why this PC Card belongs in the PC Card Hall of
Fame).  I have run WIN95 on a 755C, CD, CE, and CX with the 3COM card and
it has worked fine--so it is possible and usually painless to configure.
I beleive that the best interrupt to use is 15, but don't hold me to it.
I would remove whatever options you have in place (other PC Card, etc.,)
until you discover what is causing the conflict.

Good luck.

-wwd

Will Dunn
Leoaprd Communications