Re: 3Com Etherlink III PC Cards + Win95 + IBM ThinkPad

At 01:41 PM 6/24/96 +0200, Mikael Bendtsen wrote:
>     Can anyone tell me why the above is an impossible configuration on
>     most IBM ThinkPads (755CE and above)? The device manager indicates a
>     conflict on the Etherlink III PC Card. However, no conflicting
>     addresses or interrupts are listed when I double-click on the adapter.

I have no problems with this combination on my 755CX. Do you have any question marks in the device manager? If so, delete them, insert the Etherlink, and be ready to load the drivers. The likely culprit is the Mwave (do you have the latest Win95 Mwave drivers installed?).

>     The IBM Ethernet II Credit Card Adapter works fine in these machines,
>     but this is not a good solution for my site since we have a LOT of the
>     3Com adapters. I don't what to say when my users are asking for
>     Windows95. Please help!

E-mail me directly if you're continuing to have problems.

ssh--
 Steve Hultquist            Founder         Worldwide Solutions, Inc.

Web, Internet, LANs, WANs, Routing, Switching, Unix, PCs, NT, 95, OS/2
	       Network and systems provider for JavaOne
http://www.wwsi.com/	 303.581.0800           Boulder, Colorado, USA