Re: 760 quandry

At 12:27 AM 6/24/96 EDT, Robert Dewar wrote:
>what is the XD? and what mfr problems are you talking about

The XD is the next generation (due third quarter). All I know is that it's an ED with a 150MHz Pentium. I assume they'll go to 6x CD-ROM. I don't know about the display.

Mfr problems are IBM's inability to delivery quantity. They have given someone (I can't remember his name!) the job of figuring out how to fix it and get the machines into customers' hands. They expect that to kick in sometime in late third quarter. Or, perhaps, by the end of the year.

ssh--
 Steve Hultquist            Founder         Worldwide Solutions, Inc.

Web, Internet, LANs, WANs, Routing, Switching, Unix, PCs, NT, 95, OS/2
	       Network and systems provider for JavaOne
http://www.wwsi.com/	 303.581.0800           Boulder, Colorado, USA