Linux Sound on IBM Thinkpad

Hi !

> Now I am urgently looking for a solution for the following problems:
> 2.) A source hack for the sound card.
> I would prefer source hacks for stable kernel version  i.e. 1.2.13 or 2.0 if
> possible. If not, well I should ba able to patch the  source tree by hand if
> I have hot an example patch.
> Who is able to help me ?
    I have a IBM Thinkpad 701C.
    It has a ES688 soundchip.
    I'm using Linux kernal 1.2.13.
    Apparently, the sound chip is not 100% HARDWARE comptaible to sound
    blaster. The new Voxware sound drivers requires kernals > 1.3.70. The
    problem is that upgrading the kernal is TOUGH !
    I heard compiling the kernal to use Sound Blaster (non pro) works, not
    tried yet.

Elvin
--

| elvintan@dupre.lugs.org.sg   Finger alf@pacific.net.sg for PGP Public key |
| Public Key fingerprint - 2C F5 0A A6 61 A9 3C 1B  DE E4 48 2F F8 34 37 B0 |