Re: Optimal memory size for ThinkPad 560

"...I thought 16 MB would be sufficient, but now I'm thinking maybe 24 MB.
8MB upgrade is going to cost me about $200, 16 MB $400.  What is the
'marginal' performance gain exactly???
p.s. Know of a cheap memory source?..."

~~~~~
you'll see a huge performance difference between 8 and 16 in win95.  i've never
benchmarked the difference between 16 and 24, but i do notice it when i'm
running very large applications or opening very large data files.  for example,
i notice a big difference between running a 25mb macromedia viewer file on a
755cd with 24mb of ram & running it on one with 16mb.  i don't notice a
difference running netscape or ms word.

i haven't bought any tp ram in a while, so i don't know if it's still the case,
but 'simple technology' used to be the cheapest around & i've found it to be
trouble-free.

Michael J. Verne
Computer Support Manager, VentanaCommunications Group
michael_verne@vmedia.com
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/
If you board the wrong train, it's no use running along the corridor
in the other direction.    --Dietrich Bonhoeffer