Re: PCMCIA Powered CDROM

> From:	IN%"runngdog@mcs.com" 22-MAY-1996 20:06:12.55
> Subj:	RE: PCMCIA Powered CDROM

[snip]
> >What he really needs is a CDROM drive that's powered from the PCMCIA
> >slot.  I've seen them - somewhere, but can't remember where or who the
> >manufacturer was.  Does anyone have any suggestions??
> >
> >Thanks in advance...
> >Lee Stewart
> >

> PC Week article announcing the 560 mentions a unit due out from IBM next
> month.  According to the article, "it uses standard off-the-shelf batteries
> [and] will not drain precious power off the main battery."

Does that mean one'll be available in December?  :)

\          Dennis J. Gormley                           Tel:  (215) 222-1532
\\         Operations Manager                          Fax:  (215) 222-0416
\\\\       Health Sciences Libraries Consortium        Int:  gormley@hslc.org
\\\\\\     3600 Market Street, Suite 550
H S L C    Philadelphia, PA   19104-2646