Re: Hard Disk sizes (was: New Member needs mass storage)

On Sat, 18 May 1996 05:23:57 +0900, Jeffrey Friedl wrote:

>Peter W Borders <TCBORDP@vbbusnw1.tc.cc.va.us> wrote:
>|> Since when is the definition K = 2^10 (1024) non-standard IN RELATION
>|> TO COMPUTERS?
>
>Since computers left the geekdome and entered the mainstream of the
>mainstream.
>
>I mean, look at the bozo law student that used to be on this list that had
>a baby because someone's mailer mistake filled his box with garbage. He
>couldn't comprehend that someone (other than himself) might make a mistake,
>so I don't think it's reasonable to think he might comprehend 1024 or
>1024^2.
>
>Like F and C, I'm comfortable dealing with sizes either way.

Big deal.

This trite argument has been going on over and over again, and
messages from people like Jeff Friedl continuosly fill ALL our boxes
with garbage. It is like a vampire which, once killed, nevertheless
repeatedly rises from the dead.  I mean, get a life, Jeff.  We know
how superior you are.  You don't need to use the list to tell us, or
to work out your psychological problems.
Roger J. Buffington
AB6WR
USC Law, Class of '97
Go Trojans!
WARPing with PM-Mail

| "I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from   |
| them (Native Americans). There were great numbers of people who     |
| needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it   |
| for themsleves."  -  John Wayne (actor)                             |