Re: Drifting cursor on 701C

I find that if I suspend and resume the drift disappears. Close the lid and
reopen it, quicker than waiting and seeing if it goes away by itself.

On Mon, 13 May 1996 05:06:24 -0700, you wrote:

>Greetings !
>
>I am experiencing an intermittant drifting (down and to
>the right, if it makes a difference).  A light touch will
>keep it centered/stable.  The drift rate varies a lot and
>I have yet to see much of a pattern.
>
>At first, it seemd to drift more in some windows than in
>others. File manager was bad; the Eudora editing view had
>no problem. <weird>
>
>After I had left the unit on for an hour or so and went back
>to do some work, it seemed to drift *much* faster, again down
>and to te right.  Different screens had no effect, but closing
>the screen and opening again stopped the drift completely.
>
>After some looking, I think it *could* be a function of the keyboard
>butterfly action on the track-point.  The problem is occurring less often
>as the unit is used daily.  The other day the drift was up and to the
>left !
>
>Is this a common problem ?  Any fixes short of a trip to the repair depot?
>
>Dave - KC6WKI

<christij@unix.asb.com> 423B78C80FEA5495 CF64AD5F214797DE
http://www.asb.com/usr/christij  95E3789C5679C4D7 03210B57E76FE66
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it
is for or against. I'm a human being first and foremost, and as such I
am for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole. - Malcolm X