Re: ThinkPad 701C battery, 25H4861 or 25H4862?

On Sat, 11 May 1996, Tony Staples wrote:

> > the original battery which comes with my 701C. But when I check IBM
> > web page for the battery part number, it says 25H4862 is the correct
> > battery to be used with the 701C. I can't even find any information
> > about the 25H4861 there.
>
> I don't have a 701, but this is probably a case of the IBM Part # vs.
> the FRU # for the battery.  IBM assigns both a part # and an FRU # to
> every stinking item they have.  I don't know the logistics of why

Part # is what sales uses.  FRU is Field Replacement Unit, which is
what tech support uses.  Dunno why IBM needs two part numbers for
every piece of equipment.
--
John H. Kim            There are only two industries that call their
jokim@mit.edu          customers 'users,' and one of them is illegal.