Re: How do I change my password on a TP 360C?

At 04:23 PM 4/21/96 -0500, Jim McGhee wrote:
>Hi,
>Yesterday I set a power up password on my ThinkPad 360C.  Today I
>decided I didn't want one after all.  I hold down the F1 key while I
>boot.  I get the setup screen.  I go to the password icon.  It displays
>two icons: one for computer, one for hard drive.  When I try to select
>the one for the computer by hitting the newline, it beeps (like normal)
>and then low beeps (like a rasberry?).  It never asks for my old
>password, or a new password, or anything.  IT JUST BEEPS AT ME!!!
>What am I doing wrong???  Why is this so complicated?

To change the password (actually, to erase it), just enter it and put a
blank at the end of the password. It will be gone the next time you boot...

Cheers,
ssh
--
Steve Hultquist                                Worldwide Solutions, Inc.
Distributed Systems and Internet Engineering           Boulder, Colorado