Thinkpad 701Cs Hidden File

I recently bought a Thinkpad 701CS which came with OS/2 and Windows 3.11.
I deleted the OS/2 using the "button" in the Windows  OS/2 group. Looking
at my hard disk I find one large file in the root directory that I can't
identify and wonder if it's a leftover from OS/2, or what else it's used
for. It's a hidden, system, read-only file named "ea data. sf" (with
spaces in the name and extension). It's 10Meg so if I don't need it I
certainly want to get rid of it, but I've discovered through painful
experience that not knowing what it is doesn't mean it shouldn't be
there. There's also a small file named"wp root. sf". Can anyone shed some
light on what they are?

Thanks for any help!