RE: ADMIN: Another mailing list suggestion

"...>In fact, I do *NOT* get that "To:" information.  Instead, my company's
>mail gateway translates things such that my "To:" line explicitly says
>"To: jmelton" (which identifies my login ID).
Actually, this is a *bad* idea. Basically, your mail gateway is breaking
SMTP. Instead, the gateway should add an "Apparently-to:"..."

~~~~~

what about a 'reply to' field?  i'm in other listservs that designate 'from'
and 'to' correctly, but include 'reply to' with the name of the listserv.
works like a charm.

Michael J. Verne
michael_verne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/
Saying Yahoo or Lycos is your favorite [web] site is like saying the Yellow
Pages is your favorite book.
   --John Dvorak, PC Computing:  March '96