re: Re: HD shutdown utility

> Hi!
> Some time ago someone in this list mentioned a Toshiba utility that
> could be used to silence the HD - if I remember right, this could be
> used in different TP models without any problems at all. Ok, *where*
> can I get hold of this little gem? And has anyone tried it on a TP750Cs?
> Thanks for the info,

The program is called COLAP.COM.  It is a DOS TSR and I know
that it works on the TP750C and the TP755CX.  You need to invoke
it as  C:> colap /t
Then, pressing Right-Shiftkey + Delete-key causes the immediate
shutdown of the hard disk (and silent computing bliss).  The disk
does spin up whenever Windows (3.1 and 95) has the urge to look at
the disk, which is required to do almost everything it does.  As a result,
the silence doesn't end up lasting for a meaningful period of time.

  -Joe