battery replacement under warr?

A few people have reported success in getting IBM to replace their
batteries for their 750s under warr, and I was looking for some tips
on the best approach - one of my two batteries won't take a charge at
all and the other never gets above the yellow/orange light for "low"
charge. At $170 for the second one, I'd damn well like it to work!

So those of you who called, did you call the standard 1800-772-2227
and just tell them your batt was b0rked or what?
Don Whiteside, professional computer jockey. Kids, don't try this at home
Penis ownership is not a prerequisite to technological competence." - Me