Sound card and modem with IBM TP 755CD ?

Hello,
can you help me please. I have new (about 2 months) notebook and
I`ve installed linux succesfully, network is working, CD drive is O.K.,
but I have problems with my sound card. Linux doesn`t find it during
startup - I read Sound-HOWTO and did changes to kernel, LILO and so on.
But nothing happens. Could you suggest me some docs or howtos about
this? I already have official TP FAQ.
The last thing it`s doesn`t work is my modem port (build in IBM
card). Is there any info about the modem under IBM TP?

My configuration: TP 755CD, internal IBM modem, 800 MB disk, 16 MB RAM
kernel 1.2.13, IBM pcmcia network card (works with pcmcia-cs-x.x.x),
sound card from IBM (looks compatible with SB [in DOS]).

Thank you for your attention and suggestions.

                                                 KrucifiX UniX
                                                       Honza

jan.musil@sap-ag.de