ThinkPads Overseas

Recently a client went to England and Scotland on business and
he was unable to connect to the telephone system so that he
could dial into his ISP and to send and receive faxes.

I would appreciate it someone could advise me/us as to how they
have their modems set up to handle the European telephone systems.

He has an Apex 28.8 cellular fax/modem and an IBM 28.8 fax modem.

Are there any particular codes that should go in the initialazion
string for the modem.

How do people who travel to Europe deal with this problem?

What about Asia? Any advise??

Currently, all modem functions work fine in North America.

Thanks very much for all responses

                 MI-COM Technology
       Computer Solutions for Small Business
Helping you access and travel the Information Highway

                 Hugh A. Valliant

      Bus.  (416) 726-5355   Fax. (416) 699-3847

        Internet        valliant@micomtech.com
         http://www.micomtech.com/~valliant/